photo Menu1_zps0679bf32.png  photo Home-5_zpsbb1afa0c.png  photo About-12_zps1f2d03d6.png  photo Recipes-2_zps90dfcd61.png  photo Sponsor-9_zps8283cfc7.png  photo Contact-16_zpsedfcb947.png  photo Menu2-2_zps6cf714ee.png

May 14, 2010

Hello Inner Carrie!

When I moved back to the Midwest from lovely San Francisco, I felt like I left a huge piece of my heart in that wonderful city. Every day I loved walking blocks and blocks to catch the BART subway to discover a whole new adventure. Every day was different and absolutely wonderful.

I loved the way I felt when my blonde locks were blowing freely in the breeze and the sunshine lit up my face. I felt alive. I felt free. I was in touch with my inner Carrie, and I loved it!




The 2 years following, I finished my undergrad and accepted my first big girl job as a special event planner. Every single day I missed that 15 minute trek to the subway, walking past the beautiful SF architecture and my urban lifestyle.

Well, don't you worry, I recently got my Carrie swagger back! This past fall I accepted my dream job and moved to Kansas City, where I couldn't love life more!

My office is located in the heart of an adorable downtown district where I get to walk blocks and blocks to find delicious sushi for lunch or an afternoon coffee. I love the feeling I get when I walk past the little brownstone row houses wearing my super cute gladiator heels & flowy dress...

...Hello SF! I've missed you!




{ I've got my Carrie back, and I'm feeling good! }




12 comments:

  1. I love this...I've never thought of it that way, but embracing my "inner Carrie" is always a good thing! I definitely felt that way in Paris, and I get the same feelings in San Francisco. It's my second favorite city in the whole world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute way to explain it! We should all embrace our inner Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I plan to release my inner Carrie in Croatia this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cute!!

    As for your comment I blog, I actually DID think about you a couple of times as I was going to visit David (his hotel was in Westport) because I remembered you saying something about working close to downtown. We were probably really close to you! And I'm SO jealous you get to frequent that Michaels and the HomeGoods store right next to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your comment on my blog*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so cute. Love the thought. I live right by SF. I need to go over there. I am glad you found a good replacement.
    I came over from Lady Bloggers Tea Party. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you've got your inner Carrie back! :) I love life in SF, and it's awesome to hear that you're able to find it elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's so great for you, it's always nice to return to our heart's "home" =) this made me want to see the SITC2! found your blog from your comment on The Kimchee Chronicles blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! LOVE the "inner-Carrie" reference, and so glad you found yours! (I'm a major SATC fan - probably because my life is NOTHING like that, but part of me thinks there is an "inner-Carrie" in there, somewhere!) Great post Meg!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 18, 2010

    AAAHHH!! Your inner Carrie! Absolutely Fabulous! I LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousMay 18, 2010

    I adore SF! I always knew I wanted to live here exactly because of the inner-Carrie feeling I got when I visited. So glad you were able to find yours even outside of SF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Meg! I found your blog via the Lady Bloggers Society, and I just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying what I'm reading! So I'm passing along a blogger award that I recently received to you. Check it out here:

    http://thebodylogic.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/sure-ill-accept-an-award/

    Thanks! :) Maressa

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! I read every single comment and always try to get back to each of you!
In order to do that, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS:
To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

Thanks for reading! You all are hands down the BEST! xo

01 09 10