photo Menu1_zps0679bf32.png  photo Home-5_zpsbb1afa0c.png  photo About-12_zps1f2d03d6.png  photo Recipes-2_zps90dfcd61.png  photo Sponsor-9_zps8283cfc7.png  photo Contact-16_zpsedfcb947.png  photo Menu2-2_zps6cf714ee.png

October 4, 2011

Colorado Recap + Trip Photos

I have received lots of cute e-mails asking about this past weekend's trip... soooo, I thought I'd better share my little trip recap and the photos I snapped. First off, can I just say that you should be completely impressed that I remembered to take photos! I'm usually terrible, but I tried so hard!!


So let's get down to business, shall we?!




{ Here's the Colorado trip gang }


We left Thursday evening after work, piled in two cars, and arrived in lovely Colorado at 2 a.m. Friday morning. After catching up on sleep and downing a good breakfast, we were off to Denver to explore!


First stop... IKEA heaven.



I could've spent hours in there! Have you been to IKEA? Oh my word, y'all... love that store. I didn't go too crazy, but I got some super useful shelves and hooks for my home!

After IKEA, we all checked into our hotel, shockingly crammed all of us in one room, and then left for the Great Amnerican Beer Festival! Pretzel necklaces and matching tie dye in tow... of course!


{ Isn't BF handsome?! Geez! }


{ On our way into downtown Denver on the Light Rail }


{ I love my Ally bear, she's the sweetest! }


After we waited in line with 20,000 of the nation's finest beer lovers, we were finally allowed into the convention center to enjoy the festivities!


{ Gotta have a fleet of bagpipers, right? }



{ Sean and Dan being... well, Sean and Dan }


{ Seriously love this girl! }


As crazy as a beer festival may sound, it wasn't as wild as you would think. I sampled about 15 beers, but that was over the course of 4 hours and they were only 1 oz. samples. - so the eqivalent of 1.25 beers. Were you thinking I was a lush?! Shame on you! ;)


I left the convention center with a list full of new tasty favorites:

- Pyramid Brewery Apricot Ale
- Cigar City Brewery Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown Ale
- Cigar City Brewery Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Sea Dog Blue Paw Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale


Notice a theme with the yummy "girly beers"? I typically like lighter beer with delicious fruit tones, and these hit the spot!

.:::.:::.:::.


Anyway, that was a fun night, but I was pooped at 10:30! We all got some rest and headed back to Colorado Springs in the morning to stay with good friends.

In the afternoon, we walked to a groegous neighborhood park and played frisbee, football, and soccer. After a few hours in the sun, we walked back to the house, took naps, and watched football. That evening we had a huge BBQ with all of our favorite Colorado friends. It was a great night full of good food and fabulous company!

On Sunday morning we woke up, had some breakfast, and hit the road! The entire ride home we were cracking up as we reminisced about the trip and told funny stories. I sure love those people... great weekend!


Lots o' Love!





________________________________________

PS - In case you missed the Mingle Monday blog hop yesterday, go check it out! Get your blog some exposure and find some other great blogs!

PPS - I'm {finally} on Twitter!
Follow me HERE!
________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip!!! LOVE IKEA and the Great American Beer festival sounds awesome! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! I read every single comment and always try to get back to each of you!
In order to do that, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS:
To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

Thanks for reading! You all are hands down the BEST! xo

01 09 10